FIRST AID LEVEL 2
Intermediate Workplace First Aid
Gain the skills required to recognise and respond to injuries as well as common medical emergencies. Accidents and medical emergencies can happen anywhere at any time, at work or at home. Not only does this course provide you with more advanced first aid knowledge and skills, it also includes medical conditions such as heart attacks and strokes as well as CPR for children and babies.
Advantages of this course:
- Develops confidence in performing first aid.
- Enables you to deal with bodily injuries, perform a casualty assessment and provide basic life support until medical assistance arrives.
- Meet health and safety standards for your workplace as set out by the OHS Act (Act 85 of 1993) regulations.
- Ideal for designated first aiders, health and safety managers and anyone who needs a first aid certificate for their vocational qualification.
- We teach all our courses in English, Afrikaans and Xhosa.
- Courses can be held at SAFETECH’s premises or at your offices.
- The principles of first aid
- Emergency scene management
- Airway obstructions (Choking)
- Artificial respiration and CPR for adults, children and infants
- Elementary and applied anatomy & physiology
- Head and spinal injuries
- Wounds and bleeding
- Shock, unconsciousness and fainting
- Burns and Electrical injuries
- Heart attacks
- Joint and soft tissue injuries
- Hand and eye injuries
- Chest injuries
- Pelvic and abdominal injuries
- Environmental illnesses and injuries
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Recording and reporting
- Contents of a first aid kit
Rest assured in the knowledge that all our courses and training methods are continuously updated to keep in line with Department of Labour and HW SETA standards. You will receive the best quality training when selecting any course through us.