BASIC HEALTH & SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE
Understand Health and Safety in the Workplace
The appointment of a Health and Safety Representative is a legal requirement under the Occupational Health and Safety Act. The Basic Health & Safety Representative training course introduce learners to their roles and responsibilities as newly elected Safety Reps. This course helps them to understand the objectives and legal requirements regarding health and safety in the workplace,with an emphasis on achieving positive outcomes.
Advantages of this course.
- Ideal for any newly elected Health and Safety Representatives as well as current Safety Representatives that may require retraining.
- Introduction for Management/Supervisors interested in H&S in the working environment.
- Helps you comply with Section 17 of the OHS Act Regulations.
- We can teach all our courses in English, Afrikaans and Xhosa.
- Health and Safety legislation
- Relevant definitions, sections and regulations of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Stakeholders involved in health and safety
- Safety reps, Safety Committees, The employer and The Dept. of Labour
- Occupational health and safety process
- Hazard identification
- Types of hazards
- Physical inspections
- Introduction to Accident investigations
- Recording and reporting
- Workplace records
- IOD procedures
Rest assured in the knowledge that all our courses and training methods are continuously updated to keep in line with Department of Labour and HW SETA standards. You will receive the best quality training when selecting any course through us.