Safe operation and maintenance
Tractors are versatile pieces of machinery and valuable tools within many different sectors. It is important that they be used correctly to ensure that accidents do not happen. This course was created for learners who wish to become a tractor “operator” rather than just a “driver”. Our Tractor Beginner course is ideal for both novice and experienced operators who may be expected to operate a Tractor while performing their daily duties, but require a license to do so.
Advantages of this course
- Suitable for all tractor drivers including novices and experienced drivers.
- Skills can be applied across a variety of sectors including agriculture, amenity, forestry, industrial and horticulture industries.
- Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive their licence and certificate to operate a tractor.
- Gain knowledge on the functions, start-up, shut-down and operating procedures of the machine.
- Be able to use the tractor safely and tow various implements and attachments with confidence.
- Understand the key fundamentals of driving and loading.
- Helps you meet health and safety standards for your workplace as set out by the OHS Act (Act 85 of 1993) regulations.
- Mechanical appreciation
- Pre-operating inspections
- Start-up checks and inspections
- Shut-down checks and inspections
- Maintaining a logbook
- Operator controls
- Occupational health and safety act 85 of 1993
- Handling cargo
Individuals and Group Courses
This course can be delivered on your own site, using your own equipment ensuring your employees are trained in the environment they are most familiar with and at a time that best suits you.
Rest assured in the knowledge that all our courses and training methods are continuously updated to keep in line with Department of Labour and HW SETA standards. You will receive the best quality training when selecting any course through us.