Advanced Occupational First Aid
Our First Aid Level 3 course is perfect for those employed as Occupational First Aiders in a high risk environment. This course delves deeper into the ethics related to emergency care, expands significantly on the topics covered in level 2 training and equips learners with the knowledge and skills required to manage a first aid room in the workplace.
Advantages of this course.
- Ideal for Occupational First Aiders.
- Covers more serious, high impact life threatening work related injuries and medical emergencies such as drowning and emergency childbirth.
- Meet health and safety standards for your workplace as set out by the OHS Act (Act 85 of 1993) regulations.
- We can teach all our courses in English, Afrikaans and Xhosa.
- Courses can be held at SAFETECH premises or at your offices.
- The ethics and principles of first
- Emergency scene management
- Airway obstructions (Choking)
- Artificial respiration and CPR for adults, children and infants
- Elementary and applied anatomy & physiology
- Head and spinal injuries
- Wounds and bleeding
- Shock, unconsciousness and fainting
- Burns and Electrical injuries
- Heart attacks
- Asthma and breathlessness
- Joint and soft tissue injuries
- Hand and eye injuries
- Chest injuries
- Pelvic and abdominal injuries
- Environmental illnesses and injuries
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Skin reactions
- Emergency childbirth
- Rescue carries
- Recording and reporting
- First aid preparedness
Rest assured in the knowledge that all our courses and training methods are continuously updated to keep in line with Department of Labour and HW SETA standards. You will receive the best quality training when selecting any course through us.