The basics of essential first aid.
Our First Aid Level 1 course prepares learners for emergencies like CPR, choking, burns, fractures and other workplace accidents. This is an ideal course for workplace new first aiders or individuals who want to refresh their first aid qualifications.
- You will learn how to effectively provide basic emergency life support and apply first aid in the workplace.
- The minimum qualification requirement for a workplace first aider.
- Suitable for managers, supervisors, health and safety representatives and employees responsible for first aid.
- Help you meet health and safety standards for your workplace as set out by the OHS Act (Act 85 of 1993) regulations.
- We can teach all our courses in English, Afrikaans and Xhosa.
- Courses can be held at SAFETECH premises or at your offices.
Your foundation for first aid
Performing first aid during the first few minutes, which is the most crucial time for any patient after a life threatening incident, can literally be the difference between life and death! This course is the minimum training recommended for workplace first aid providers and for individuals wishing to acquire lifesaving skills and knowledge.
- The principles of emergency care
- Workplace safety
- Emergency Scene Management
- Primary and Secondary surveys
- Elementary anatomy and physiology
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Artificial Respirations
- Airway obstructions (Choking)
- Shock, unconsciousness and fainting
- Wounds & Bleeding
- Burns & Electrical injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Head and spinal injuries
- Recording and reporting
- Sample report form
- Contents of a First Aid Kit
Rest assured in the knowledge that all our courses and training methods are continuously updated to keep in line with Department of Labour and HW SETA standards. You will receive the best quality training when selecting any course through us.