Advanced Fire Fighting
With advanced equipment and techniques, we further develop the fire fighting skills of employees and learners.
Advantages of this course.
- Take part in practical fire fighting drills.
- Learn additional fire fighting techniques and how to apply them in a safe and correct manner.
- We can teach all our courses in English, Afrikaans and Xhosa.
- Courses can be held at SAFETECH premises or at your offices.
- Theory of combustion and
- Methods of extinguishment (cooling, smothering and starving)
- Common causes of fire
- Fire spreading methods
Pre – fire preparation:
- Classes of fire
- Extinguishing equipment (extinguishers, hose reels, fire blankets, fire buckets, hose & hydrant, sprinkler systems, etc.)
- Checks of fire equipment and
- Maintenance of fire equipment
- Selecting correct equipment according to size & class of fire
- Fire fighting techniques
Procedures to follow in case of fire:
- Evacuation procedures and guidelines
- Getting out alive
- Rescue Carries
Practical demonstration and evaluation:
- Live fire demo (if allowed on premises) with extinguishers, hose reels, lay flat hoses & hydrants
- Practical evaluation and
- Written evaluation
Rest assured in the knowledge that all our courses, training methods and health and safety training material and posters are continuously updated to keep in line with Department of Labour and HW SETA standards. You will receive the best quality training when selecting any course through us.