Maintain and operate Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
Our Breathing Apparatus course is ideal for individuals who are required to wear a Breathing Apparatus in their workplace. Professional tutelage in the correct use of breathing apparatus.
Advantages of this course.
By the end of this course the learner will:
- Be able to use a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) safely and effectively during normal occupational assignments and emergency operations.
- Have gained an understanding of ‘Hazardous atmospheres’.
- Be able to work in areas of obscured visibility while wearing a self-contained breathing apparatus.
Instruction in the correct and proper use of breathing apparatus will provide the learner with the necessary knowledge and skills to ensure that respiratory system is not compromised when having to work in hazardous areas.
Ideal training for personnel that have to work in confined spaces, with hazardous gases/vapours, in an anoxic atmosphere or for other applications requiring the wearing of breathing apparatus.
This training is conducted by Subject Matter Experts who all have in excess of 10 years’ experience in working with BA’s.
We can teach all our courses in English, Afrikaans and Xhosa.
- The respiratory system
- Toxic and oxygen deficient atmospheres
- Types of SCBA sets
- Composition of the SCBA set (parts)
- Maintenance of the SCBA set
- Limitations of the SCBA set
- Working duration
- Donning and doffing
- High pressure test
- Low pressure test
- Working in smoke filled and low visibility areas
- Communication procedure
- Changing of cylinder
- Practical evaluation
Rest assured in the knowledge that all our courses and training methods are continuously updated. You will receive the best quality training when selecting any course through us.