Equip your employees with the right tools to find the facts
The Accident/Incident Investigation course is designed to equip designated staff with various incident and accident investigation tools around work accidents.
- The ideal course for uncovering hazards that either were missed earlier or have managed to slip out of the controls planned for them.
- The ideal program to teach the basic step-by-step procedure for approaching the scene and performing the investigation after a workplace accident.
- Training is suitable for line managers, supervisors, safety representatives – and anyone with the responsibility for investigating accidents.
- It will enable companies to meet their moral and legal obligations regarding the investigation of accidents and incidents as well as learn from safety failures.
Basic investigative principles
No one should investigate incidents without appropriate accident investigation training. This course is based on sound principles of incident/accident investigation; how to conduct an investigation from the examination of the scene to submitting the report.
- Legal aspects
- What is an incident?
- Why investigate an incident
- Systems approach
- Legal requirements
- Recording and investigation of incidents
- Functions of Health and Safety Representatives
- Incident reporting
- Reporting to the inspector
- Reporting of incidents and occupational diseases
- The investigation
- Reasons why investigations are carried out
- What to investigate
- Who should investigate?
- The investigation process
- Documentation needed for investigation
What you’ll gain
By the end of the course you will:
- Have gained a broad understanding of the principles and processes of accident investigation and reporting.
- Understand the benefits of accident prevention.
- Learn how to collect evidence using the four P’s – People, Parts, Position and Paper.
Accident/Incident Investigation courses are regularly held on SAFETECH premises where individuals/small groups from different companies are grouped together. If you have a larger group, SAFETECH can arrange a course for only your employees at your premises or ours; at a discounted rate.
All Accident/Incident Investigation Training courses contain practical discussions to highlight the possible pitfalls in both the processing and recording of information. The sessions are challenging but constructive, aimed at achieving and understanding the vital importance in identifying safety management system failures, how to report and dissect them.